- Pueblo Viejo
Pueblo Viejo mine is a surface mine located in the central part of the Dominican Republic on the Caribbean island of Hispaniola in the province of Sanchez Ramirez. The mine is located approximately 10 miles west of the provincial capital of Cotui and approximately 62 miles northwest of the national capital of Santo Domingo.
Reserves (December 31, 2015): 3, 4
- 8.960M oz. gold
- 54.145M oz. silver
CY2015 Sales: 5
Operator production guidance CY2016: 5
- This is a metal stream, attributable to Barrick’s 60% interest in the Pueblo Viejo mine, whereby Royal Gold is entitled to 7.5% payable gold until 990,000 ounces of payable gold have been delivered; 3.75% thereafter. The purchase price for gold ounces delivered is 30% of the spot price until 550,000 ounces have been delivered, 60% thereafter.
- This is a metal stream, attributable to Barrick’s 60% interest in the Pueblo Viejo mine, whereby Royal Gold is entitled to 75% payable silver until 50 million ounces of payable silver have been delivered; 37.5% thereafter. The purchase price for silver ounces delivered is 30% of the spot price until 23.1 million ounces have been delivered, 60% thereafter. Silver deliveries will be based on a fixed 70% recovery rate.
- Reserve figures represent the estimated gold and silver reserves that are associated with Royal Gold’s royalty interests, or 60%, rather than total reserves for the project. Total reserves at the project are estimated to be 14.930M oz. of gold and 90.245M oz. of silver.
- At a gold price of $1,000 per ounce and a silver price of $15.00 per ounce.
- The stream at Pueblo Viejo was acquired during the quarter ended September 30, 2015. The actual production and guidance shown are payable gold in doré and represent Barrick's 60% interest in Pueblo Viejo.